Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Post-DLI & Care Giving plan....

Sorry a bit late in posting. Med-team wanted caregivers with me the entire weekend after Friday's DLI so it was a simply lovely, social, but rather exhausting weekend.
Catching up: DLI was a mildly surprising almost non-event. After Bruce's 5 hr harvest, and I being under the impression it too would be a several hr infusion, it was simply a 10 cc/ml, four minuet (seriously) injection into my central chest line (hickman line). We were rather stunned to say the least. Sooooo very much riding on so very little. The syringe was a watery red color, filled with Bruce's Lymphocytes, which will hopefully kick-start his cells & his/my immune system to fight off any remaining chance of the Leukemia. At the same time we're now holding our breath (literally) & waiting to see how the GvHD (and the GvL) is going to effect me. This is where it may get a bit dicey due simply to the fact I have NO bone marrow - still - and am getting by transfusion to transfusion. And, as advised last Wed: this DLI  "does not preclude a 2nd Transplant".
Thankfully my CareGiver Calendar is completely covered now (whew) but my care is up in the air at the moment. I had the DLI on Friday. I may rock thru it, or I may not. Let's hope for the BEST, but prepare for less than that - just in case. This theory makes my caregiving needs perhaps only a part-time or minimal issue. So...present game plan:  depending on how I physically handle the above, we will keep the calendar in place for the FULL-time caregiving plan. However we will continue on the current PART-time plan we have been using - thereby only calling everyone into play if things start going south for me. Please all continue to be available for the days you have signed-up for, but know that if I am progressing well we may either simply have you quickly swing by, or even call, just to check-in on me ~ and that you may now have a free day to play hookie with as you wish.  = )
Once again I simply can't thank you enough for volunteering to help, signing-up, checking in, to all those not on the calendar who have fearlessly let me become dependent on them: rides to appointments, cooking & delivering food, cleaning, errands, laundry, shopping, etc, etc.... To all my peep's, I continue to be in awe of your profound compassion.....
Now let's all cross every finger & every damn toe !
To Life.



No comments: