Monday, September 8, 2014

That dratted fever...

Back to the Hospital. I started with low grade fevers on Friday. Nothing serious, but enough to keep an eye on. Saturday I had some tenderness mostly on the left side of my jaw and neck. The fever, though still low grade, was now slowly rising. I woke up yesterday (Sun) and soon after my fever rose sharply to 101.5. Significantly above the SCCA limit of 100.4 and requiring a trip to the ER. Needless to say I am back in the hospital, but likely for only for 48 hours. I'm being pumped up with antibiotics, a red blood cell transfusion, and hydration. Swelling and tenderness have gone down but a CT-scan has been ordered.
At the same time, via a friend thinking outside-the-box, I received an expected and extremely welcomed call that a Transplant Consultation has now finally been scheduled for Wed afternoon. The hospital staff are aware of the circumstances and the importance of this particular consultation and are focused on getting me out of here in time for it. Could things finally be lining up correctly ?
Stay tuned....  = )

1 comment:

slowney said...

Fingers crossed that you are able to make the consult!