Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New on the Radar

I was released early instilling a false sense of confidence while misleadingly trying to do much for myself at home alone. It became blindsidingly apparent (during an embarrassing tearful Aha-moment) that I simply couldn't do it all. Crap, I honestly couldn't walk and talk at the same time, much less stand on-line at the Toyota dealership when I had a car issue. Who woulda thunk it. Hell this was only chemo #2. And typically recognized as not your average patient. We needed to reserve all available care givers for Transplant - when they would be in such great need. Perhaps it was I who was kidding myself. Thanks to my truly Amazing friends my "village" my peep's...and much to my own chagrin - again - I ate crow. We now have a very much downsized mini-care giving routine in place. What the hell would I do without you guys. Flippin' Really.


Current plan:  Eyes-on and accompaniment to my every-other-day SCCA appts. A morning and evening check-in phone call for the other days (fevers ?). At least one weekend warrior to enter the dusty basement (can't breath, no energy) to do laundry, take out trash (turning food items-bacteria), and some minor house keeping/errand things. Though nothing further has been scheduled with SCCA pending yesterdays outcome (awaiting a new schedule - hope it's the same). We have peep's already lined-up for tomorrow (Wed), Friday, and I believe one day this coming weekend. The 3 week-day accompaniments' require a certain degree of flexibility. Typically it's 2.5 to 3 hrs with me up at SCCA, but every day is a crap shot. If I need a transfusion it could easily turn into a 5-6 hr day. Moving forward, I have all the contact information of those that previously volunteered (God bless your souls) and will be contacting you directly myself.  Of note, this plan is a far lesser degree of what we envisioned for Transplant.
From my heart I thank you all for the help.
Cheers !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can do Sunday should you need me too

slowney said...

I am available Mondays and most Tuesdays.

Bernadette Laqueur said...

Kristina,
I can help out with transportation, laundry, whatever most weekdays except Wednesdays. Can help out on some weekends. Am doing some traveling in October but would be happy to schedule. I understand about the SCCA appointments. Call me at 206.963.6259 or email blaqueur@comcast.net. We are stable on our home front. Best, Bernadette