Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Frequent Flyer Miles anyone ?

Holiday Greeting all. This will hopefully be a quickie, I promise.

It is likely you have been following my current plight with Leukemia and my subsequent chemo's I endured this past summer. You will then also already know that the 2nd round of chemo severely burnt out my bone marrow environment preventing any return of marrow (marrow recovery gives birth to all blood cells). This 2nd round of chemo was FAR too aggressive and has since not only left me in the amazingly vulnerable & susceptible situation of lacking any bone marrow & absolutely NO production of blood....but we are also unable to move forward with mostly any further treatment against the Leukemia until my marrow and blood return to a more suitable protective level. At the utterly shocking & unacceptable point of being Day 121 post-chemo I am presently living blood transfusion to transfusion. We are at a medical stalemate....a "conundrum" so I've been told.

The above being said, I have been advised to seek a medical 2nd opinion...pretty much immediately. Unfortunately there are only maybe 20 places in the United States where they handle bone marrow transplants & issues related. I have a connection at City of Hope Medical Center in LA & after reviewing my medical records, they just called to tell me they would like me to fly to LA as soon as they can schedule me. They have promised it will definitely be before the new calendar year Jan 1 but much more likely within the next several days.

I am writing this to simply put it out there....
  
There is a very great need for any available Air Mileage on Frequent Flyer plans that may perhaps be expiring by the end of this year.....or any extra miles or unused ticket that you may loose....

If you would please consider donating them for this 2nd medical opinion, enabling me to get to City of Hope Medical Center in LA during a very flight-expensive and uber short-notice holiday craze time I would be ever so Profoundly Grateful. In truth I am utterly mortified to have to openly ask this....especially during Christmas time. But alas, it is because of the timing & expensive Christmas flight-prices that several friends suggested I put an e-mail inquiry out simply asking....

Unfortunately due to my medical condition I will require a Non-Stop (less vulnerable exposure) flight from Seattle to Burbank CA and return. I DO NOT have a date yet ! I am awaiting a phone call but may need to fly as STAT as tomorrow afternoon/evening (!!??) for a potential Fri Dec 19th appt. Better yet, if not that scenario then more likely fly Mon night Dec 22 for a Tues or Wed (x-mas) eve day appt - returning X-mas eve.

Again, I never EVER thought I would be in this situation EVER... ! But here I am. I am continually stunned, left speechless, by all the time and work my caregivers have given me....and by all the unbelievable moral and long distance support you guys have propped me up on. Bloody Hell, it does indeed take a Village !! Mortified as I am, grateful as I am...there is indeed an urgent need. Please Please PLEEZE understand and forgive me if I don't reply back to you....time is of the essence & this is just too crazy of timing. I will no doubt have much treatment issues to contemplate. Just hope that all the stars are aligned.

OMG this is a crazy way to sign off, especially after inquiring about the above mileage but... I TRULY wish everyone Holiday Joy. May yours be touched by simply Fantastic treats, Good Health, abundant joy, and sheer ole' fashion belly laughter. Again, I thank you from my heart.
To Life !
Cheers.
Kristina  -  xo

No comments: