Wednesday, June 3, 2015

2nd ER Visit, REALLY ??

Yes. Really !!  Yet another ER visit late last night has unfortunately led to me being admitted...Again...to UW Medical Center. Same ole same ole. Headache, fevers, punky feeling. This time I didn't wait for the Rigors to appear. I wised-up & got my butt down to the ER with Kate's help. Same floor, same Montlake Cut view. What the hell ???

Word just back that the blood cultures they took last night are growing out another rod gram-negative blood infection. Huh ? How can that be ? Did the one from 2 weeks ago just linger and hide. Neutrophil counts dropped. In fact all blood counts dropped since the last hospital discharge. That's been a bit disappointing too. New SCCA HemOnc on board now. Am pleased with this change so far. Med-team here at hospital is again considering pulling my Hickman chest line out, but is holding out hope we can still treat infection without going that far as I am still blood transfusion dependent.

Making matters even more pressing.....the Leukemia Cup Regatta is on Saturday. Not only have I been chosen as one of 2 Honored Skippers this year for this very important event, part of a national campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, but I am scheduled to speak during the Skippers meeting...rally the crews. And....all of you whom have supported me with donating funds to this fantastic org....  well crap, I don't want to let you down. What incredibly lousy timing !!! However, my med team is aware of this and has promised me they will try to bust me outta here in time. Cross fingers folks !!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Oh man, sorry to hear this news! Hang in there, you tough cookie, you! We'll be crossing our fingers that your docs get you out of there in time for the regatta!

Much love,
Jessie & Neil