Sunday, April 25, 2010

Progress..


Training. Hmmm...its coming along. Just back from our 4th (?) elevation-gain hike this afternoon. Am now up to 27.6 lbs (argh...) on my back, and gaining just under 2000 ft in 2.7 miles. A moderate feat for some. I've just switched to my larger backpack and am surprisingly pleased with how it feels on my back. It is an Italian bag with brilliant padding in all the key areas. I last used it in Istanbul & Turkey. The actual packs we will be using however will be donated, along with some key high-alpine gear including ice axes, crampons, expedition sleeping bags, down parkers, helmets, expedition tents, ropes, etc... I'm climbing with some pretty spectacular women, and am truly honored to be in their company. I am also adding a link to a new & seperate TSNW Adams Climbing Group web-page that one of our climb members, Nancy H, has been so kind to create & maintain. It is still in the beginning stages, however between this blog & her site there will be current updates, as well as added informational bits.....

http://www.tsnwmtadamsclimb2010.blogspot.com/

Have bounced off several of you about my sleeping-pad options. Comfort will be a huge issue, especially to be in good shape for the summit bid, so would like to go a bit cushier than normal light-weight expedition. However, am leery of air-filled, as at 12,000 ft un-insulated "air" quickly turns ice cold. Any other priceless climbing tips or ideas are greatly welcomed, so please don't hesitate to gimme a shout, 'kay ? I will also be sending out a neat flyer about TSNW & our climb in the next week or so. Please look for it. AND....Thank you so very much for your interest and your support. Cheers.

No comments: